Join us for pizza and a book discussion! The first 10 teens to register get a free book, thanks to the Friends of Baldwin Public Library. This book club is co-sponsored by Jet's Pizza.
Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with a Celtic music performance by the popular local band, Blackthorn. All ages are welcome.
Celebrate Teen Tech Week with the theme "Be the Source of Change," March 5-11, 2017.
Update on the Birkerts Addition:
- The space continues to be closed off to the public.
- Two bands of limestone were removed along the curved portion of the Birkerts addition. Glass windows will be installed beginning February 13.
- Ceiling framing is nearly complete. The new higher ceiling features several coffers throughout the space.
- Installation of the new electrical system began at the end of January. The wing will be well-lit and the space will have many seating areas to study and charge devices.
- The ceiling in the front entrance has been removed and will be framed and finished along with the Adult Services area.
- The north wall of the book return sorting room has been removed. The ceiling will be raised in line with the rest of the space and a glass wall will be added to make the book sorter more visible to visitors.
- Restoration of the exterior brick on the original building is nearly complete.
- Public computers are temporarily located in the lower level Computer Lab.
Update on the new computer lab and makerspace:
- A temporary wall has been constructed around the space, which is located across from the Circulation Desk. Library patrons decorated our temporary Construction Collection in January with favorite or imagined book titles.
- The original windows and plaster walls and ceilings have been exposed and will be repaired and updated in the next few weeks.
The original windows and ceilings in the new space have been exposed and the plaster walls and ceilings have been repaired.
To receive updates about the renovation, please sign up for Baldwin's Renovation Updates email list.